Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Brief Distraction


There will be no midwife’s advice this week.  Pail Bloggers asked for bloggers to submit answers to the following 20 questions, and I couldn’t resist.  So if you will allow me to be self-indulgent, there will be more useful information next post. 

1.  What is the last thing you threw in the garbage?  The bad ends of the vegetables I just cooked for dinner.  

2.  What is the #1 most played song on your Ipod?  I don’t have one, but I have a broadway playlist that I shuffle constantly. 

3.  What is your favorite quote?  From the Dalai Lama, “Religion and logic should never contradict.”

4.  What chore do you absolutely hate doing?  Washing dishes - because no matter how much time I spend, they never seem to be done.  Ever.  

5.  What is your favorite form of exercise?  I love Zumba - I now do it on my Wii and pretend I’m on Dancing With the Stars. 

6.  What is your favorite time of the day?  This doesn’t happen every day, but waking up at 5am on an overnight call shift and realizing I’ve been asleep most of the night. 

7.  What is on your bedside table?  Alarm, lotion, and an eye mask for napping during the day after a busy night call (see #6). 

8.  What is your favorite body part?  My kids’ little round bottoms!

9.  Would you use the power of invisibility for good or evil?  I would use any power for good.  Evil is only fun for a few minutes, good attracts good people, which stays fun. 

10.  If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?  Always my current age, because I seem to learn something every year.  (Although I would choose my 21 year old body).

11.  What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?  Start planning my next trip.

12.  What is your biggest pet peeve?  Abnormal hair configurations on men’s faces, (ie  the soul patch).  I have a fantasy of Apolo Anton Ohno where we make love all night, then I shave that stupid thing off him in his sleep. 

13.  If you could know the answer to any question, what would it be?  I doesn’t matter, because as soon as I find the answer to something, it just opens up 10 more questions. 

14.  At what age did you become an adult?  39, the year I became a mom.  I played grown-up alot before then. 

15.  Recommend a book, movie, or television show in three sentences or less.  Call the Midwife:  it gives voice to women of a little known profession, who give voice to women who have none. 

16.  What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?  Always mouthing off!

17.  What is the first album you bought with your own money?  Queen, “Play the Game” (on vinyl!).  It’s still one of my favorites. 

18.  If someone wrote a book about you, what would be the title?  “I’m not Loud, I’m Italian”.

19.  What story do you wish your family would stop telling about you?  My mother tells everyone she’s ever met about me having a big mouth when I was a kid. (See #16)

20:  True of false:  The unicorn is the greatest mythical creature.  State your case.  False.  Am I missing something, or is it just a horse with a horn?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the dishes. It AMAZES me that I can spend so much time cleaning the kitchen and then I blink and it is a total write-off again! WHY? HOW? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning up the kids toys is exactly the same way, but I've almost completely given up on that!

    ReplyDelete